We provide Early Childhood Services to 3-5-year-olds requiring additional support in their preschool and kindergarten programs. The Educational Assistant is part of team that includes parents, program teachers, certificated teachers, and a therapy team.
This is a school year program and school breaks are unpaid. The position ends at various times in June depending on location.
Applicants must have experience working with young children who require additional support including but not limited to behavioural challenges.
- Provide care and supervision for preschool-aged children
- Collaborate with teachers to create engaging and age-appropriate lesson plans
- Support children’s learning in areas such as math, literacy, and social skills
- Monitor and assess children’s progress and provide feedback to teachers
- Assist with classroom management and behavior management strategies
- Create a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment for children
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledge of early childhood education principles and practices
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine love for working with young children
- Ability to adapt to the needs of individual children and provide differentiated instruction
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Must be able to work legally in Canada (please do not apply if you are outside of Canada)
This position offers an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young children. If you are passionate about early childhood education and have the skills necessary to support their growth and development, we would love to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement: French not required
Schedule: Monday to Friday On call
Work Location: In person